Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Just A Mom

Jenna Being a mom is a tough job. Always knowing what to do, how to do it, when to do it, and why to do it (or at least giving the appearance of such) can be rather taxing on the ole bean. Sometimes I want to say to my children, "I don't know! I never know! I just make this shit up as I go along!" but of course I don't, because then they'll lose all faith in me and dude... that will happen soon enough (enter teen years) without me speeding it up!

I have found that as a parent, I am pretty clueless. I go by gut and instinct most of the time; very rarely do I really know they why's and how's and what-for's. I make stuff up all the time. I go with what feels right and stick to it, and hope that it actually turns out the way I need it to. I've been pretty lucky; most of the time, things turn out alright.

And I come out looking like pure genius. My kids look at me with utter adoration and admiration... love in their faces and words of praise for my brilliance... aaaand then I wake up. My kids really don't do that when things go swimmingly; they just take it as due course that once again, Mom knew what she was doing/talking about.

Good thing they don't read this blog, or I'd be in deep shit.

2 comments:

Ladyornot.com said...

Ha. I am just a mom too. ;)

ErikaRobin said...

LOL! Flying by the seat of my pants is what works for me, too. We do the best we can with what we have. I'd say that's pretty good work, camper!