Sunday, February 1, 2009

Do you shave your toes?

Silly question? As mammals we are covered in body hair. Some you see and some no one wants to see.

There are many reasons for mammals to be covered in hair. Homosapiens originally had hair to trap pheromones. (Pheromones are natures hormones that attract us to one another.)

The amount of hair that covers your body can depend on what part of the world your ancestors are from. People with more hair are likely to come from an area of the world where malaria is prevalent. Hair would provide a barrier between mosquitoes and skin. It would also prove to warn the victim of the bugs impending bite.

In this current time of Brazilian waxes and bare legs how are we not all single and bitten? Are there ladies in this day and age that walk around with big puffs of toe hair? Should we?

Food for thought.

8 comments:

Cleanaturalady said...

I do not need to trap pheromones in my toes, thankyouverymuch. I shave that off.

KristiS said...

I don't necessarily shave it off. I buzz it off using a hair trimmer. Sorry I have Hobbit feet. They're unsightly unless dealt with properly.

Unknown said...

Shave my toes? That's just asking too much of a girl. :-)

HistoryMama said...

I get the hairs from my big toe and follow the strange dark line right up my foot and then onto the Sasquatchesque legs... but then, did you all REALLY need to know all that?

ErikaRobin said...

You cracked me up. I wax and what I miss, I tweeze. No gorilla feetsies for THIS girl, thanks.

Guinhyvar said...

Wait... people have hair on their toes?

Oh. This is news to me. I have never had hairy toes. Is that weird? Am I some kind of hairless freak?

Omgosh. Now I have a complex.

BigMommaJesca said...

Jenna's a freak.

And you, Rebecca, are a trip. :-)

Brenda said...

Nope, I tweeze'em off instead *nodnod*