Sunday, May 10, 2009

Just a SAHM

Hello, Mrs. Jones,
I've just called to say,
I'm sorry I cried when you phoned me today.
No, I didn't get angry when your call came at four,
Just as eight muddy Cub Scouts burst through the door;
It's just that I had such a really full day.
I'd baked eighteen pies for the PTA;
And washing and ironing and scrubbing the floor
Were chores I had finished not too long before.
The reason I cried and gave that big yelp
Was not 'cause you phoned just to ask for my help.
The comment that just about drove me berserk
Was, "I'm sure you'll have time because you don't work."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yowza to that last line! Who says that? Really?

Moonrush said...

Good gravy! If someone said that to me, I'd show up on their doorstep with 5 loads of stinky laundry, 2 dirty cat litter boxes, and a package of chicken that's frozen solid and needs to be turned into something edible within one hour. Did someone really SAY that to you?!

Fistandantalus said...

Noooo, it's just a poem!

Ladyornot.com said...

Nice poem then :)